I’ve got some good news for you! As you might know, I’ve been going to college this last year and I’ve now finally completed the first year!
The Dutch School System is quite difficult to explain as I have no idea how it works in other countries and how much things are in common with other school systems so I’ll just do a short explanation, and put a link to a longer explanation if you’re interested here.
In short: I got my HBO propedeuse!
Which means, I got all my 60 points, and I can continue the second year without any problems. There’s a chance to do the courses again next year so I wouldn’t have been in trouble, but I’d have to do all the courses next year AND the one’s I’ll have to redo. But luckily, I won’t have to 🙂
I’ll probably pick up my diploma paper next September, but I’m just quite proud of having this achieved. I didn’t think I’d get this far, let alone going though the whole year! Now of course I’ll have to go through another three years but at least I’ve got this here 🙂
In case you might not know this, here in the Netherlands we’ve got this tradition, when you graduate High School, you hang the Dutch flag with your school bag, and it’s actually quite a cute tradition because usually around these months you can just go around and see flags hanging, makes me happy. However, when I graduated High School like.. 4 years ago? I still lived at home, and neither one of my parents actually had a flag, so I didn’t get to do that. Now, I’ve got this small achievement and my boyfriend had asked me before if he could hang the flag when I got my propedeuse so I said sure he could. And here, he got me the most fitting flag of all ❤
What does that mean for the blog?
Weeellll I HOPE to finally have a regular blogging schedule now that it’s summer break. I have quite a few posts ready to go up, and quite a few more to write as well! Now that school’s done for the year I have time for reading again so that’s awesome. I’ve got a big-ass TBR and I’m very excited to read all the books!
I got quite some books in the past year, and I’m already reading two of them right now 🙂
I’m currently reorganizing my bookshelves and it’s a hell of a job to do but I’m hoping to finish it by the end of this week. I am definitely on a buying ban now, because if I would be counting I think about 80% percent is unread and another 10% is books I want to read again, sooo yeah.
Upcoming posts I want to publish
I have a LOT of ideas, but when do ideas ever turn into actual posts with me…? good question ^^; However, I do have ideas that I want to share with you guys because MAYBE I will finally be able to actually keep up with my promise this way haha!
- Two Be Reading: my boyfriend and I made a TBR for each other a while ago (oops it’s long ago, for more information: see this post here)
- Mid-year Book freakout: so far, I’m not tagged and I haven’t read a lot of books yet so I’ll see if I’m even able to do this post, but I always like to see my progress 🙂
- On The Horizon: I want to blog more about upcoming books! I don’t have a lot of approved ARCs but then again, I don’t have to have the ARC to know that I’m excited for Five Dark Fates, or Supernova, so I hope to feature more upcoming books in posts!
- Series I started (sometimes more than once) but never read the latest book: a while ago, I wrote some down for myself and found out that there are A LOT of these.. shameful, I know, but it did give me a new post idea so there’s that ^^;
- Bookish Tags: I don’t get tagged a lot, and I haven’t been super active (read: not at all), but I can do Tags without being tagged! I have a few tags with really fun questions ready to answer and post so I hope to post some of those soon!
- Average books with terrific plots (or the other way around): This is something I saw a while ago while blog-hopping, and I will definitely look up the original creator and credit them when I write the post but this sounded like an awesome topic to post about
- Boardgames: I want to feature boardgames on the blog as well. I am a big fan of games, boardgame and videogame, and I’d like to share some thoughts on those along with my bookish love. I don’t know if anyone will be interested in those posts, but then again, I’m trying to blog about what I like rather than what I think everyone else will like.. and it’s difficult, but I’ll keep trying!
And there’s probably more I’m forgetting right now, but those are on the main list. If you have any fun ideas or anything you’d like to see me blog about, don’t hesitate to tell me! ❤
Check out all my reviews here!
Find me on: